Help: "unallocated sectors", "unknown system for swap partition".

Help: "unallocated sectors", "unknown system for swap partition".

Post by Huu Phu » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have installed RedHat 5.0 on my 5GB harddisk.
The harddisk is partitioned:
C : (Msdos format) 2000M(Win95).
D : (Msdos format) 1600M.
The remaining was partitioned by Redhat "fdisk" into
2 primary disks: 1100M for Linux partition,
80M for swap partition.

Though RedHat runs well, I noticed that when checking
the harddisk by "fdisk" with "v",it showed the message:

         "124 unallocated sectors"

1/  I'm a beginner of Linux. Would you please tell me what
"unallocated sectors" means?  Is there any problem with my harddisk? How
can I fix it?

2/And  "fdisk" with "p" , the swap partition is always shown with
"unknown system", though I have reinstalled many times, chose
Swap partition for it. Do you have any advice?

Please give any instruction for me.
I like Linux very much and really want to study it.
Thank you very much

[...]

Thank you very much. (Japanese is OK)
--
Huu Phuc