OpenLinux 2.3 Installation quetion.

Post by Steve Poggi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,
I am looking for some assistance since I am relative new to Linux. Here's
what I am trying to do. I have a Compaq Armada 7400 with an S3 Virge MX
video card and I am trying to install Caldera OpenLinux v2.3 on it, but I do
not know what settings I should use for this particular video card. I have
looked both on Compaq's web site and Caldera's with no luck in finding this
info. I have also looked under Windows98 (sorry if I insulted anyone) to see
if I could find anything that might be useful (no joy). If you might have
something that might work, please let me know...Than you in advanced!

--

Steve Poggio

1. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 Installation

I'm having trouble creating a dual boot system....

I can get linux to install but only by having it take over the hard
drive. If I use partition magic and try to install from the cdrom,
durring the boot it skips the cdrom installation and freezes on NFS. I
dont know what I'm doing wrong... can anyone help me?

System Specs:
Cyrix M2 300
Epox-MVP3C MotherBoard
96 megs of RAM
2.5 gig HD
STB Velocity 128 Video Card
Sound Blaster 16 ISA
Generic CDROM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. SCO Unix System V 3.2v4.2 CPIO Backup Restoration

3. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 - Install Hangs During Auto-Detect of Installation Source

4. S3 Trio 64 Compatibility

5. OpenLinux 2.3 and SOCKS v4

6. Ask your vendor for their test plan!

7. Caldera Openlinux and 2.3.xx

8. Large Disks

9. Newbie: Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 won't install

10. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 on IBM Thinkpad 755CD?

11. HELP - OpenLinux 2.3 LOADING

12. RE-Installing OpenLinux 2.3 ?????

13. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 RAM requirements?