newbie question: backspace key in Netscape is acting like the delete key

newbie question: backspace key in Netscape is acting like the delete key

Post by PascalC » Mon, 11 May 1998 04:00:00

<if this is a repeat I apologize, for some reason the campus news server is
acting up and none of my posts went through...>

whenever I hit the backspace key in Netscape 405 it deleted the
character to the right of the cursor, basically acting like the delete
key.  This only seems to occur in Netscape.  If you have any ideas on
how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.  thanks ahead of time.

//Pascal

ps: running RedHat 5.0

newbie question: backspace key in Netscape is acting like the delete key

Post by Barry Copto » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

Look for "Netscape" in http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/keys.html

1. Newbie question 02 - My DEL key acts as BACKSPACE

Hello!

I am referring at command line (FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE).

Usually with BACKSPACE key I delete chars BEFORE cursor position and
with the DEL key I delete the char AT cursor position.

Now my DEL key acts as Backspace and I have to skip to next position if
I want to erase an unwanted char.

Is it possible to change this behavior?

Thanks

granzoporo

2. GET YOUR FREE TRIP

3. Delete key acts as backspace

4. Check after tar command

5. X11: Backspace key same as delete key? Solution?

6. iconv with automatic character detection

7. backspace key is behaving like a delete key

8. Xhost entries

9. Colors in Netscape looks ugly, Backspace and Delete keys do the same things.

10. Netscape 2.0 - Keysyms problem (backspace and delete key problems)

11. Netscape backspace and delete keys screwy.

12. Remapping Keys (want delete key to delete etc!)

13. Backspace acts like "Del" key