Debian Linux Mouse not moving at all. Device?

Debian Linux Mouse not moving at all. Device?

Post by roo » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Mouse problems from Hell torment me.    Help!

I have recently installed Debian Linux 2.0.0 ( ftp.caldera.org )
onto a Dell Optiplex XM 590.    X windows opens, however, I cannot
move the mouse at all.   It is a two button Microsoft mouse.

On an old TAMU version of Linux I used to run, /dev/ttyS0 was the
mouse device.   It does not appear to be the same on this machine.

I've tried PS/2 -> psaux, Microsoft -> inportbm and a bunch of other
configurations and permutations.     If *ANYBODY* has *ANY* suggestions
or answers I would be eternally grateful.

P.S.    Is there any program that can probe which device the mouse
        is using?

        Please Email me!

Post by H Tipto » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Mouse problems from Hell torment me.    Help!
> I have recently installed Debian Linux 2.0.0 ( ftp.caldera.org )
> onto a Dell Optiplex XM 590.    X windows opens, however, I cannot
> move the mouse at all.   It is a two button Microsoft mouse.
> On an old TAMU version of Linux I used to run, /dev/ttyS0 was the
> mouse device.   It does not appear to be the same on this machine.
> I've tried PS/2 -> psaux, Microsoft -> inportbm and a bunch of other
> configurations and permutations.     If *ANYBODY* has *ANY* suggestions
> or answers I would be eternally grateful.
> P.S. Is there any program that can probe which device the mouse
>  is using?

>  Please Email me!

Just try /dev/ttyS1

Henry Tipton

1. Tape device not recognized ? in debian linux

I've recently acquired a five computer networked Debian linux system at
our house -- works great -- but I'm worried about the first failure.

I need to back up.

I have a good external SCSI Travan cartridge tape drive -- each cartiridge
holds 4 gig of data, without hw compression -- with hw compression, ca 8
gig.  The drive is recognized on boot-up by the SCSI card -- but when I
try "mt -f /dev/[n]st0 reten"  or a tar command - I get:

mt:  /dev/[n]st0:  No such device.

Running "insmod st" gives a result similar to :
<pathname>/st.o is already in the running kernel.

A friend did use that tape drive, to restore 2 gig of data, from a
previous system, on the current system.  I think he used /dev/[n]st0.

I am perplexed -- helpful suggestions much appreciated.

I'm new to using newsgroups -- in the sense that I haven't used them in
well over a decade -- so an email response would also be greatly
appreciated.  I'll respond in kind, as well as posting to the list.

:)

Yours,

-- Saul

2. Q: Read DOS CD-ROMS w/ PC-NFS?

3. Tape device not recognized ? in debian linux (fwd)

4. looking for a better fdisk

5. emachines T3092 mouse device not support by any flavor of linux

6. La Rubia me la come cuando quiero.

7. ATI GUPro bus mouse move up, cursor moves down (in X)

8. NIC cards on IBMs go into "sleep mode"

9. Mouse not move in XFree86

10. Mouse is not moving

11. X working but mouse not moving...

12. MouseSystems mouse not moving