Can I apply SCO5's Disaster Recovery method on UW7.x or Linux?

Can I apply SCO5's Disaster Recovery method on UW7.x or Linux?

Post by Huy V » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I tried UW7's emergency recovery successful but  I saw this method doesn't
allow me to  increase the partition or slices size before restoring the
emergency tape and the server will be restored with the original  partition
and slices size.

I wonder if I can apply the SCO5's disaster recovery that I usually do on
UW7 or Linux:

-Create the partition, FS with the size I want with emergency diskette boot.

-Restore the emergency tape backup (/ , /stand or ...)  that I did with cpio
format.

-Rewrite the boot sectors on  the new hard disk after the restore done.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

H.V

1. Disaster Recovery Methods?

I'm looking for disaster recovery methods in which I could easily
restore existing filesystems using H/W as described below without a lot
of hassle. The ideal method would be to be able to restore existing
filesystem architecture directly from tape in < 2 hours.

I'm currently running Solaris 8 x86 with 10k Ultra 160 SCSI disks
connected to 2 U160 controllers and HP DDS-4/CDROM h/w connected to an
U2W differential controller. There are a few filesystems striped across
the U160 controller. System backups are frequent using tar but I'm
flexible in this approach.

Does Andrew Gabriel have a website?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

--
Rob

o`o?,??,?o`o??o`o?,??,?o`o??o`oo`o

2. Untar from remote tape drive

3. advice on disaster recovery method

4. Reverse Proxy Caching using Squid

5. Can't boot DOS partition anymore after disaster recovery

6. Cannot connect to mail server via pop/imap

7. Linux and Disaster Recovery

8. HTTPD compile problem

9. RH Linux Disaster Recovery

10. disaster recovery with linux!

11. Linux and Disaster Recovery

12. Recommendation for Pushing Files to My Disaster Recovery Site

13. Backup and disaster recovery