Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?

Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?

Post by Calvin Cla » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I can't get the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk to work because the
cardmgr fails with the message: "Card Services release does not
match."  The kernel version on the bare and net boot disks provided
with Slackware 3.0 seem to have the same kernel version (1.2.13) as
the modules version for the pcmcia modules on the pcmcia.gz disk.
Which boot disk should I be using?

-Calvin

Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?

Post by Calvin Cla » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Just to follow up, I solved this problem by recompiling cardmgr
without the version check and installing it on a new root disk which I
had to modify anyway in order to add parameters for my Ethernet card.
I know this is the wrong solution, but I'm only using it for the boot
disks, and it seems to work.

-Calvin

1. Runs boot disk but doesn't go to root disk??

Hi-

Very peculiar, I have loaded LINUX 1.2.8 Infomagic before on the "same"
HW config except for disk size.

16M RAM
520 MB DisK IDE *
Trident Video

The boot seems to see the disk OK and doesn't give me any errors.

When I insert th ROOT disk the system goes in to never-never land.

I have tried changing the CHS 1057,16,63 to other things and even
suggested at the prompt:

ramdisk root=1057,16,63

alas to no avail...

Suggestions would be appreciated - email would be nice too...

probably something easy

-Dag

2. magicfilter question

3. How do you make your own ``Slackware Boot Disk and Root Disk''??

4. AIX 3.2.5 Mirroring with nonquorum?

5. what different between boot disk, root disk and emergency disk???

6. I need ideas...

7. Any way to reset nvram?

8. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

9. root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

10. Slackware 3.0 installed boot disk dont see SCSI controller

11. Slackware 3.0 SCSI Boot Disk not seeing Adeptec 154x controller

12. Slackware 3.0 'ascsi' boot disk is 1.3.18 (I want 1.2.13)