Sound on RedHat 6.2

Post by Scott Deliba » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Ive been trying to configure my sound card for my Linux system and have
had no luck. It works fine in windows 98 on my dual boot. It is a
soundblaster AWE32.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Scott

Sound on RedHat 6.2

Post by Davide Bianc » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:46:48

Quote:>Ive been trying to configure my sound card for my Linux system and have
>had no luck. It works fine in windows 98 on my dual boot. It is a
>soundblaster AWE32.

>Any help would be appreciated.

Just yesterday evening I was lurking in the documentation CD of RH,
there is a special "HOWTO" (or was a FAQ??? I don't remember) for the
SB AWE32. Check in the documentation CD.

Davide

1. Sound Problems in RedHat 6.2

Hi,

I recently bought Red Hat Linux 6.2. Everything set-up fine, I ran
sndconfig, it detected my sound card (Opti 931) and tried to play back a
sound to test it. It seemed to work although I didn't hear anything
coherent. It also tested the midi without any problems.

After booting into X-Windows, I tried to play a sound file through xmms, it
played jerkily, as if I was running too many things at once, however, I was
only running xmms. - it plays cd-s fine

On another computer I had a simaler problem, except instead of the sound
being jerky, there wasn't any sound except for a click, it sounded like
static.

Does anybody have any idea's regarding these problems, any answers would be
appreciated.

Another option would be for me to get a name brand sound card, would this
make any difference?

Thanks in advance

Ben

2. starting a program other than mingetty in inittab?

3. Redhat 6.2 Sound Card woe

4. IDE-CD/RW and SCSI incompatibility

5. Modems, sound cards, RedHat Linux 6.2

6. Does linux support Adaptec AHA-2742

7. cmpci sound and RedHat 6.2

8. See what Crack is doing

9. help with Direct Sound AC97 on MSI K7T Turbo2 motherboard and RedHat 6.2

10. sparc redhat linux 6.2 - sound trouble

11. RedHat 6.2 and Kernel 6.2 on an SMP machine

12. RedHat 6.2 and 6.2 doesnt get acces to..

13. RedHat 6.1 vs Redhat 6.2