Can't run lilo

Post by Jack H » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

Help!  I can't run lilo from shell or from 'make zlilo' or from 'make install'
after compiling the kernel.  Everytime I run lilo, I get an error message
telling me
that my vmlinux or vmlinuz is too big.  Now, I am stucked.  I can't install my
newly compiled kernel and I can't go back to the old one, because the System.map
has been changed.

Jack

1. HD Boot doesn't want to run LILO (I see 'LI')

I am setting up an older PC as a firewall and cannot get it to boot off of
the hard drive.

I had this problem with an older 386 and figured that it was just the
machine dying slowly.  Now, I am setting up a 486-100 and see the same
problem.

When I boot up the machine all goes well until LILO wants to start.  I only
see "LI" and then nothing else.  What gives?  Anybody have any ideas?

--daveo

2. proxy server for NT/Linux

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. *ERROR* Process 2421 using kernel context 0

5. IBM C++ - help reqd

6. LILO 'ran out of input data'

7. dual CPU motherboard

8. lilo can't find /etc/lilo.conf, even though it's there

9. Lilo won't load os/2, os/2 won't load lilo

10. After running LILO linux doesn't find the boot drive anymore

11. Changed kernel, re-ran LILO, still panics: can't mount root FS

12. Cna't run lilo on old CMOS