3dfx Voodoo3 2000 w/ Caldera OpenLinux 2.2

3dfx Voodoo3 2000 w/ Caldera OpenLinux 2.2

Post by Paul » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I've been having some troubles configuring my Voodoo3 2000 AGP to run in
Caldera OpenLinux 2.2, and I was hoping someone here could lend a helping
hand.  I've downloaded all of the appropriate RPMS from the xxxglidexxx
site (the Device RPM, Glide RPM, XF86Setup RPM, Rush RPM, and X Server
RPM), yet I am having problems installing them with kpackage.  I can
install the Device RPM, the Rush RPM and the X Server RPM, but when it
comes to the XF86Setup update, I am getting failed dependencies errors.
The filenames being returned are "libtcl.so" and "libtk.so."  Here comes
the cute part: these files are "somewhat" installed in the /usr/lib (I
think) directory.  I say "somewhat" because these two files are shortcuts
pointing to newer versions of tickle and company (namely,
libtcl.8.0.4.so,etc. [I think, again]).  Since Caldera OpenLinux obviously
uses a different version of tickle than the 3dfx drivers were created for,
I need help.  If anyone here knows of a workaround, it would be greatly
appreciated.  Many thanks.

-Paul Ryan

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

3dfx Voodoo3 2000 w/ Caldera OpenLinux 2.2

Post by Byron Mille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>libtcl.8.0.4.so,etc. [I think, again]).  Since Caldera OpenLinux obviously
>uses a different version of tickle than the 3dfx drivers were created for,
>I need help.  If anyone here knows of a workaround, it would be greatly
>appreciated.  Many thanks.

try  --nodep  --force on the when running rpm to upgrade (if thats
what your using)

-byron

Byron Miller Consulting | http://www.reliabilityfactor.com

1. Digital HiNote 2000 & Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 Setup

Greetings,

I was able to get Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2 installed last night on my
Digital HiNote 2000 P233MMX notebook succesfully from cdrom boot except
for the following things:

1) Notebook power management feature
2) Sound card
3) Xircom Combo Ethernet + 56K modem (I am not going to network so I
didnt select ethernet support in the install, I just
need to get the modem working)

I suppose I could install the ethernet drivers and just not hook it up
to a network, but I didnt know if this would "hang" the system because
a live network couldn't be found during bootup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
George

2. Slightly OT: Backdoor.Egghead Worm/Virus reported in cygwin DLL

3. XFree86, COL 2.2, and Voodoo3 2000 PCI

4. Mounting windows NT system under linux...!!!!!!!!!

5. HELP: X server and 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 card

6. Need help in understanding VLAN technology

7. X and 3dfx Voodoo3 2000

8. HELP:stdin not defined in stdio.h in RedHat 6.0???

9. Red Hat 6.0 and 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 video card???

10. Caldera OpenLinux 2.2: How to set the KDE resolution/colors???

11. recompiling caldera openlinux 2.2

12. video and mouse questions w/Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 eDesktop

13. Anyone tried Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2 yet?