RH5 Kernel compiling problem

Post by Roland Deschai » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

I'm new at this an all, but is vmlinuz actually a symbolic link to
vmlinuz-2.0.32?  I can't remember for sure, and I'm in win95 right now so I
can't look.  But I remember something like that anyway.

Have you tried putting your new kernel in a different directory?  When
testing new kernles, I usually put them in a /test directory and make the
neccessary adjustments in lilo.conf to point to that directory for the
kernel.

As I said, I'm pretty new at the linux stuff, so don't take what I say with
a whole lot of weight.

=RD