Mitsumi 2x CD-ROM drive, IRQ 11 address?

Mitsumi 2x CD-ROM drive, IRQ 11 address?

Post by John de Manu » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

        I realize this may be a FAQ... but I've looke for it and can't
find it!  So, once more, could anyone who knows e-mail me the right mount
mcd= for IRQ 11?  Because this seems to be the only thing really keeping
me from installing Linux on my system.

TIA,

John
--
If you can't take a little *y nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under you bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous; with

Mitsumi 2x CD-ROM drive, IRQ 11 address?

Post by Don Dettk » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>    I realize this may be a FAQ... but I've looke for it and can't
>find it!  So, once more, could anyone who knows e-mail me the right mount
>mcd= for IRQ 11?  Because this seems to be the only thing really keeping
>me from installing Linux on my system.

If you are looking for the syntax, it is:

     mcd=<port addr>,<IRQ>

So, for my Mitsumi FX001D, plugged into a Reveal SoundFX Studio 16, I use

     ramdisk mount mcd=0x634,11

at the "boot:" prompt from a mitsumi bootdisk.

--
Don Dettke,  Software Engineering Consultant