REVEAL cdrom, how?

Post by Phil Humpher » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a Reveal 4x cdrom and I'm having a miserable time getting it to
work with Linux.  It's a NEC IDE.

Can anyone help me out please?
please?
Phil Humpherys

"And the might arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth"
- Jimmy Page, Robert Plant - Achilles' Last Stand

REVEAL cdrom, how?

Post by Brad Mille » Sun, 06 Aug 1995 04:00:00

It's an IDE CD ROM. You need to configure the kernel with the
IDE support and the ATAPI CD support.

I can't remember what the exact options are when you configure
the kernel, but include IDE support and the IDE CD stuff. I'm
running with the same CD drive and it works great.

REVEAL cdrom, how?

Post by Nick Kralevi » Mon, 07 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I have a Reveal 4x cdrom and I'm having a miserable time getting it to
>work with Linux.  It's a NEC IDE.

The /dev/hdc* and /dev/hdd* in the generic Slackware are setup incorrectly.
There is a script in /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/MAKEDEV.ide1 that will
make the correct devices.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say.

Take care,
-- Nick Kralevich