HELP: Install problems w/ Redhat 5.1 CD from Linux Mall

HELP: Install problems w/ Redhat 5.1 CD from Linux Mall

Post by Ben Hirashim » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I am really stuck trying to install Redhat Linux 5.1 from a CD i got
from Linux Mall. Everything goes well until the various packages are
being installed. It gets about a quarter of the way through the
packages, then i get a series of errors in pop-up windows that look like
this:

RPM install gawk failed
unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/doc/gawk-3.0.3/gawk.ps
no space left on device

and

RPM install ghostscript failed
unpacking of archive failed on file
/blah/blah/blah.bla
1: Success

and

RPM install gimp failed
unpacking of archive failed on file
/blah/blah/blah.bla
1: No such file or directory

and so on...

i created a 970MB partition for the root and a 48MB one for the swap
partition using fdisk. i'm installing using a boot floppy and the
CD-ROM. has anyone ever seen this problem? the CD seems to be in mint
condition. any advice will be greatly appreciated...

ben

1. Burn RedHat 5.1 to CD - Will install read Joliet CD?

Hi, folks.

I was thinking about burning RedHat 5.1 to a CD.  My CD burning
software (at the office) only burns Joliet extension CD's.

Does anyone know if the RedHat 5.1 install can be run from a Joliet
CD?  I'd like to find out before I waste a CD-R and make myself
another beverage coaster.

(FWIW, when doing the install from an IDE drive I *did* discover that
RedHat 5.1 cannot be installed from a FAT32 partition, only a FAT16
partition.)

Please copy replies to email, as my ISP's newserver has ridiculously
short expire times.

My posting address is distorted to deter spam.
Please direct replies to <dale at peergroup dot com>
or to <daleh at kw dot igs dot net>

Dale Hennessey |       HOME       |        |      BUSINESS
The PEER Group |  (519) 579-3565  | Voice  |   (519) 763-4445
Guelph, ON     |  (519) 579-9718  |  Fax   |   (519) 763-4127

2. DNS without named

3. Problems installing redhat 5.1 from cd

4. GTK builder?

5. HELP PLEASE, I WANT TO INSTALL REDHAT 5.1 LINUX

6. NOS shootout

7. Help: Installing Sybase Under RedHat Linux 5.1?

8. Bad Aspect Ratio using XFree86 4.0.3

9. need help installing Redhat Linux 5.1

10. Help with RedHat 5.1 Install Problems

11. Redhat 5.1 Linux - Gnome install problems

12. problem installing redhat 5.1 - error in script (RPM) reported during install

13. Redhat 5.1 Hard-drive CD Install