Need help with Sendmail optimization

Post by Christopher Deev » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We're using Linux 1.2.1 and seem to be getting slow performance out of
Sendmail.  The Linux box is a 486 DX something or other with 8 MB of
RAM.  We are exchanging mail via UUCP with an ISP.  We also have a
dialup port which can be used for a PPP connect.  All of this seems to
work OK.

The problem is that when sending mail - either with Exchange for Win95
or Eurdora - or even when using PINE locally it sometimes takes
between 5 and 10 minutes for the "sending" process to finish.  When
using the mail command - sending is always instant.

We thought upgrading to a new Linux distrubution or upgrading the box
might help speed up the Sendmail process, but does anyone have other
ideas or insights.

Thanks.

Chris Deever

1. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

Hi,
I have Sophos+AmiVis installed with sendmail 8.9.3, and Sophos. On FreeBSD
2.2

I've got everything working except the sendmail.cf bit.
The instructions with the AmiVIs thing on the website, are pretty simple -
but dont work!

I changed the sendmail.cf to read as they say, but sendmail then complains
that there is no local mailer ?

Does any one have this combination running, and could give me a clue here.

Thanks very much for any help,

Cheers
Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Clipart And Books
Art, Design and Graphics.

2. help with Trident 9685

3. OS5.0.4/sendmail 8.8.8/sendmail.cf Need help

4. is this the main FreeBSD group?

5. Need help configuring emails (sendmail list was of no help)

6. One of these days...

7. Expert optimization needed!

8. fsck

9. Help needed cfg. sendmail w/ ISP