ncurses 1.9.9e/shared lib

Post by Jason Wrig » Fri, 30 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Howdy...

I just installed XFree 3.1.2F and the new resize if complaining about a
missing libncurses.so.3.0.  Sure enough, it's not there.  I figured that I must
have done something wrong when I installed ncurses 1.9.9e and not installed the
shared lib, so I unpacked and recompiled the distribution.

I seem to be unable to make it build the shared lib.  I've tried running
configure with various combinations of --with-normal and --with-shared with no
luck.  The README and INSTALL files say that the default options to configure
should build the shared lib, so I don't know why this is happening.

FWIW, the package compiles without errors or warnings.  I am using gcc 2.7.2
with libc 5.2.18 and ld 1.7.14.

Any ideas appreaciated.

PeeWee

--
all that exists is metaphor and whoever controls our metaphors controls us RAW

You do know that NT means "Extortion" in Swahili, don't you? -seen on c.o.l.s.