Boot Time setup

Post by meut » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello everyone,
    I am looking for a way to query the path, or a way to tell which
kernel I booted up with.  I use lilo to change between kernels I am
testing, and my standard kernel.

Boot Time setup

Post by Jim Reidfor » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hello everyone,
>     I am looking for a way to query the path, or a way to tell which
> kernel I booted up with.  I use lilo to change between kernels I am
> testing, and my standard kernel.

try

uname -a

this should give the kernel version, I presume each of your kernels is a
differebt version
--
Jim Reidford

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"

Boot Time setup

Post by meut » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

Actually, that is the problem, they all have the same version (I'm testing
for different patches on a particular version).
That's a step in the right direction, thank you.
Glenn

> > Hello everyone,
> >     I am looking for a way to query the path, or a way to tell which
> > kernel I booted up with.  I use lilo to change between kernels I am
> > testing, and my standard kernel.

> try

> uname -a

> this should give the kernel version, I presume each of your kernels is a
> differebt version
> --
> Jim Reidford

> "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"

Boot Time setup

Post by Juha Lai » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>    I am looking for a way to query the path, or a way to tell which
>kernel I booted up with.  I use lilo to change between kernels I am
>testing, and my standard kernel.

"ps e1" will show the environment of the init process, which includes
"BOOT_IMAGE", which should tell you what the boot image was. AFAIK it
relates to the lilo configuration which was booted.
--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland

         !M V PS(+) PE Y+ PGP(+) t- 5? !X R tv--- b+ DI? D G e+ h--- r+++ y+

1. System time with dual boot setup

I'm running debian slink linux and windows NT. NT seems to want local
time set in the hardware clock and Linux seems to want universal time
set in the hardware clock. What's the right way to make both systems
work properly?

Thanks!

Regards,
Doug Eck

--
Douglas Eck http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~deck

2. Linux Terminal On WINDOWS????

3. Boot time accounts setup?..

4. enable direct-to-BIO readahead for ext3

5. Slow sendmail setup at boot time

6. Install

7. Setup home computer time by inquiring PPP server time

8. X11 fonts questions

9. Detecting hardware at the boot time/Install time

10. RPC time outs at boot time

11. convert UT time in local time / local time in UT time

12. time time time how can I tell the time