Red hat installation from harddisk

Post by Bo Laue » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I have tried to install RedHat Linux from a harddisk. I have made a
dos-partion and the directories c:\redhat\base and c:\redhat\base and to
those directories I hav copied the files from the redhat installation
cd-rom. But when I try to install I have at some time to choose from
where to install and choose hda1 (which is the c-disk in dos) and get an
answer like 'seems to be no installation tree at device hda1'. Anyone
else with the same problem? Any solution?

Bo Lauer, Denmark

PS: As you can see, English is not my mother language, hope you
understand my message anyway.

Red hat installation from harddisk

Post by Alan Flana » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi

> I have tried to install RedHat Linux from a harddisk. I have made a
> dos-partion and the directories c:\redhat\base and c:\redhat\base and to
> those directories I hav copied the files from the redhat installation
> cd-rom. But when I try to install I have at some time to choose from
> where to install and choose hda1 (which is the c-disk in dos) and get an
> answer like 'seems to be no installation tree at device hda1'. Anyone
> else with the same problem? Any solution?

> Bo Lauer, Denmark

> PS: As you can see, English is not my mother language, hope you
> understand my message anyway.

Check redhat's support page....they have instructions for install from
hard drive.
--
Alan Flanary

Remove "NOSPAM" from address for e-mail

Red hat installation from harddisk

Post by Moonligh » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've got the same problem...

>Hi

>I have tried to install RedHat Linux from a harddisk. I have made a
>dos-partion and the directories c:\redhat\base and c:\redhat\base and to
>those directories I hav copied the files from the redhat installation
>cd-rom. But when I try to install I have at some time to choose from
>where to install and choose hda1 (which is the c-disk in dos) and get an
>answer like 'seems to be no installation tree at device hda1'. Anyone
>else with the same problem? Any solution?

>Bo Lauer, Denmark

>PS: As you can see, English is not my mother language, hope you
>understand my message anyway.

Red hat installation from harddisk

Post by jdn » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

It's a known issue.  You have versions of the boot and supp disks that need
to be replaced.  You need to get the updated floppy images for the boot and
supp disks.  They are available from any /update directory on a RedHat ftp
site or mirror.  Look for an /images subdirectory for the boot.img and
supp.img files, download them, use rawrite to write them to floppy, and
reboot with those.

I had the same problem, but this fixed it.

>I've got the same problem...

>>Hi

>>I have tried to install RedHat Linux from a harddisk. I have made a
>>dos-partion and the directories c:\redhat\base and c:\redhat\base and to
>>those directories I hav copied the files from the redhat installation
>>cd-rom. But when I try to install I have at some time to choose from
>>where to install and choose hda1 (which is the c-disk in dos) and get an
>>answer like 'seems to be no installation tree at device hda1'. Anyone
>>else with the same problem? Any solution?

>>Bo Lauer, Denmark

>>PS: As you can see, English is not my mother language, hope you
>>understand my message anyway.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. installation problem

3. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

4. Problem: Adaptec2940 or Kernel?

5. Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

6. CD Writer Configuration

7. what 15.0 GB Harddisk for CUSL2 and Red Hat 6.2 ?

8. Clock synchronization

9. Harddisk Partitions in Red Hat Linux

10. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

11. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

12. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

13. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming