XFree 3.1: Diamond Stealth 64 2Mb VRAM + IDEK 8617 17" Vision Master 17: XFConfig needed

XFree 3.1: Diamond Stealth 64 2Mb VRAM + IDEK 8617 17" Vision Master 17: XFConfig needed

Post by John Pav » Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:24:15

I am starting to turn grey trying to set up the above.  I am pretty
close, but in some modes my screen is misaligned.

The scipts supplied with Slackware 2.1 seem to be broken ...

Post by Brian C. Lovr » Mon, 30 Jan 1995 04:49:54

>I am starting to turn grey trying to set up the above.  I am pretty
>close, but in some modes my screen is misaligned.

>The scipts supplied with Slackware 2.1 seem to be broken ...

I've got the same problem (and hardware, for that matter (although and NEC monitor)).

I tried running ConfigXF86 (the script that is supposed to do everything for you) but no luck.  It says:

/tmp/"somefile" does not exist.

This is where the "modes" are supposed to be for the user to choose.

I finally got X runnin', but only at 800x600 and below.  1024 and higher is unavailable.

So, if you have fixed it, or for the genius who answers our posts: I'm eternally in debt to you.  I only have one hair left on my head.