Problems setting up RedHat5.2 on DELL Optiplex GX1

Problems setting up RedHat5.2 on DELL Optiplex GX1

Post by jayar.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am having problems setting up RedHat5.2 on a Dell OPtiPlex GX1 (PII-
400Mhz/128Meg/6GB) with a Windows NT Partition.

The Installation goes OK except for the NIC and Graphics Card.The PC
has inbuilt 3Com 5x905b-TX NIC and ATI RAGE PRO (AGP2X chipset).
Although the Redhat site mentions of compatible drivers for these, I am
unable to setup the above for Networking and X-Windows. The X-Free S/W
ver is 3.3.1. I am able to boot the Linux in standalone and Non-
graphics mode only because of this.

Could anyone help me with this? Thanks

Jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Jittering problem ATI Rage Pro/Dell Optiplex GX1

Hi,

I have Dell Optiplex GX1 with integrated ATI Rage Pro 3D AGP, RH7.0. My
problem appears
like jittering of the picture   which is most visible on the window
borders. It seams like
there is some relation to the disc activity too. This is not only Linux
problem, I had it with
NT4 too but it was solved by installing Dell supplied driver. W2K
doesn't have this problem.
The problem persist with both XFree 3.3.6 and XFree 4.0 servers. Aside
for this problem
servers run fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

2. mget + mput in quiet mode / no questions ?

3. Dell Optiplex GX1 Crystal CS4236b Sound Card Problems

4. can't resolve symbol XkbLookupKeySym

5. Problem with DHCP and 3C905B NIC on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

6. Linux authors & reviewers

7. Ethernet media rate negotiation on Dell OptiPlex GX1

8. Grand plans aside, can't even telnet from PC to Linux

9. Crystal 4236B/DELL OptiPlex Gx1 sound card

10. Dell Optiplex GX, GX1, GN: anyone running linux/FreeBSD on them?

11. Compiling error for 3com Ethernet driver 3c90x on Dell Optiplex GX1

12. Dell Optiplex GX1 Sound under RH6 ?

13. Dell Optiplex GX1 and 3Com 3c905