Shadow-Suite problem

Post by Jimmy Le » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Greetings,

I am having a problem with the Shadow-Suite that I installed. Following the
Shadow Howto I installed everything. However now the finger info is alittle
screwy. when I finger anyone at all I get a 'Never logged in'. Those users I
have added before I installed the Shadow-Suite, their log in times hasn't
changed since then. So even if they logged in just yesterday it would still
show that their last login was from 10 days ago before I installed the
suite. the Man pages tell me nothing about this and it seems that there are
a couple of flags (like the -d option in useradd) that aren't explained.
Someone that is familiar with this please advise. Thanks =)

Jimmy Leow

System Admin, ISU School of Business, MIS Department.

Shadow-Suite problem

Post by Jon Mitche » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Greetings,
>I am having a problem with the Shadow-Suite that I installed. Following the
>Shadow Howto I installed everything. However now the finger info is alittle
>screwy. when I finger anyone at all I get a 'Never logged in'. Those users I

You need to get a finger command that supports shadow.  Try
ftp://ftp.texas.net and look through their shadow and linux stuff for it.

Jon Mitchell
* [Fun-Boy] Sleep is for weaklings!                        * jrmitche       *

*  and those who cannot.  It is one of the great divisions * My views have  *
*  of the human race." - Iris Murdoch (stolen from the     * _nothing_ to   *
*                        pages of Stephen King's Insomnia) * do with ccso!  *

1. Shadow-Suite Questions:

hi I was wondering if anyone here can help me with this problem I have
with shadow.

I find the suite to be okay but the programs (ie useradd/etc/etc) to be
a pain in the behind to use. I don't really understand the man pages as
well. Had to do some experimenting and destroyed the passwd files a couple
of times to figure out what the hell I Was doing. Anyways can someone tell
me if there is a way to add more then one user at once? Where else can I
find more help on shadow then is currently available to me? =)

PLease help!!!!

Jimmy Leow

2. Why is localtime_r() not ASYNC-SIGNAL-safe ?

3. error messages

4. Problem after installing Shadow Suite

5. Digiboard problems.

6. shadow passwd suite and ftp problems

7. hot swap drive not spinning up on an F50

8. Problems Installing the Shadow Suite

9. WS-FTP problem with shadow passsword suite

10. Shadow suite - ftpd problem

11. RedHat Shadow suite install

12. Shadow Suite