TravelMate 730: Rage Mobility

Post by Duke Le » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello I recently bought Acer Travel Mate 730.  I tried installed RedHat 6.0,
6.1, 6.2. But I was not able to successfuly install.  I suspect that that
reason is because the linux is not able to correctly deal with the video
card that I have which is called Rage Mobility.  I am now able to run linux
in non-GUI mode from slackware distribution.

When I went to manufacturer's web site.  It says this "Rage Mobility drivers
are NOT available for download from ATI Technical Support"

Is there anything that I can do at this point?  I went to RedHat BUG list
site and they don't seem to have anything.

Duke

1. Acer TravelMate 730 and middle mouse button

I recently bought a AcerTravlemate 732TL. Very nice. And the touchpad
has four buttons two of which are ment for scrolling (with the Windows
drivers, of course). Has anybody an idea how I can use these two
buttons for X (esp. middle button)?

Thanx.

--
Raffael Herzog

2. SupraExpress 56i in Linux

3. ATI Rage Mobility w/ External Monitor

4. Where can I find document of definitions about ­ etc.?

5. ATI Rage Mobility and Red Hat 6.1

6. Please help me to find XFree86 3.3.6

7. ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

8. ppp from sun client TO isp

9. Does XFree86 3.3.6 Support ATI Rage-Mobility Pro ?

10. Sony PCG-F690 (ATI Rage Mobility M1) Problem

11. Xfree86 4.0 and ATI Rage Mobility

12. Applications for a RS/6000 Model 730

13. ATI Rage Mobility M Setup