Slackware on Adaptec 2940AU

Post by Kamran Azad » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Slackware on my system, but I cant get it to
recognise my adaptec 2940AU SCSI controller.

Can anyone help please? Do I need to install an older Kernel, or does
anyone know of a boot image that has the support for it.

I know that the aha2x4x Image does NOT recognise it, even though its
supposed to have the drivers for it.

Thanks in advance all.

Slackware on Adaptec 2940AU

Post by Karl Mey » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

: Hi all,
:
: I'm trying to install Slackware on my system, but I cant get it to
: recognise my adaptec 2940AU SCSI controller.
:
: Can anyone help please? Do I need to install an older Kernel, or does
: anyone know of a boot image that has the support for it.
:
: I know that the aha2x4x Image does NOT recognise it, even though its
: supposed to have the drivers for it.

You need the boot disk based on the 2.0.27 or higher kernel. The one based
on the 2.0.0 kernel that you are likely trying to use will not work. I had
the same problem. You would likely be better off ftp'ing the complete set
of disks than using a cd-rom since there have been quite a few updates to
the various disk sets since most of the cd-roms I've seen were made.

1. Adaptec 2940AU problems

I recently purchased an Adaptec 2940AU adapter for my system and am
having problems getting Linux to see it. I am using the Adaptec 2940
boot diskette but it does not report my SCSI setup.  I have a quantum
3.2 GB Ultra SCSI-3 drive hooked up to the 2940.  I also have a Mitsumi
12x IDE CD-ROM drive hooked to the M/B. Does the standard 2940 boot disk
support the 2940AU? I didn't see any mention of it. I am using a Pentium
Pro 180 on the Intel Venus M/B. 64MB RAM, and a SoundBlaster 32PnP. Is
this not going to work?

Jared

2. partitions and fat32

3. Trouble installing Adaptec 2940AU Host Adaptor

4. asus SCSI

5. Adaptec 2940AU problems

6. nfsroot.txt incorrect ip=

7. Adaptec 2940AU does not work correctly with OS5

8. EMC data manager (volume problems)

9. Fix for Adaptec 2940AU warm boot hangs

10. kernel 2.0.33 and adaptec 2940au

11. SCO 3.2 4.2 does not work with Adaptec 2940AU

12. Adaptec 2940AU reset probs

13. Problem with Adaptec 2940AU