FIPS does not recognize free space

Post by Hiren V. Sh » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi:
Thanks for reading this note.

Am trying to create a small partition using FIPS under DOS 6.22
I have one hard disk which is 199 Mbyte and about 40 Mbyte free

After I fire up FIPS, and when it comes to the part where I can select
the size of the partition, it allows only a maximum of 1.4 Mbyte parition.
It thinks that the whole disk is almost used up.

I have done chkdsk and defrag.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hiren

1. FIPS 2.0 does not detect free space on FAT32

Hello,

.FIPS is supposed to partition a FAT disk nondestructively, assuming the
space is available.

   I cleaned up my disk and ran FIPS to partition it. Currently I have a 6
GB FAT32 disk. FIPS offered me the option of only a (max) 184 MB new
partition !. The lowest I could go was 8 MB. I did and rebooted, the disk
was partitioned correctly, but a 8 MB partition is too small. Even 180 MB
would be too small, I'd like to split the disk into two 3 GB partitions. I'm
using FIPS 2.0 (from the Red Hat 6.0 distribution of Linux). I used DOS
FDISK to delete the 8 MB partition and everything is back to where it was.

Any ideas ? I have plenty of free space, only about 1.6 GB out of 6 GB is
used.

FIPS was written by Arno Schaefer, I sent email but got a SMTP error reply
back .

Regards

2. Dealing With EF

3. Fips misintreprets disk free space

4. HELP: non-English(US) dictionaries for OpenOffice 1.0.1?

5. Fips and Free Space

6. Acer Aspire 2342 & Linux

7. Fips unable to utilize all the free space that's there

8. RAM Disk/UFS in RAM

9. fips.exe and free space help.

10. fips not showing enough drive space

11. FREE E-MAIL, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

12. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT.