Loadable modules and kernel 2.0.12

Post by Country B » Mon, 19 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Well, my upgrade to the 2.0.12 worked.

However, I'm having trouble get loadable modules to work.

I've add support for the old a.out binaries via loadable module, but
I can't seem to get the module to automatically load when I try
running an old a.out file.

After I type "insmod binfmt_aout.o" at the shell prompt as root,
though, the old a.out files run fine.

Isn't the kerneld supposed to load this modules automatically?
Can anyone suggest to me where I should be looking for the
documentation on this?

FYI;            kernel 2.0.12
                modules package 2.0.0

I followed the instructions for starting up kerneld inside the rc.*
file(s), but I don't know why this still aren't quite right.

If helpful persons could respond via e-mail, I'd appreciate it.  My
server seems to drop postings.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe!  (THANKS in advance!)

Dale

thanks

1. can't probe ppp module in kernel 2.2.2.5-15 using loadable module

Hi,

I got the following error messages when I try to load the ppp into the
kernel (2.2.2.5-15) in RedHat 6.0 distributiton. I got the same error
when I use insmod command too. When I exam the source code "ppp.c" under
drivers/net directory, I find that the cli(), save_flags() and
restore_flags() are used all over. They are defined under
include/asm-i386/system.h file. Any idea about how I can make it work ?
Thanks.

/lib/modules/2.2.5-15/net/ppp.o: unresolved symbol __global_cli
/lib/modules/2.2.5-15/net/ppp.o: unresolved symbol __global_save_flags
/lib/modules/2.2.5-15/net/ppp.o: unresolved symbol
__global_restore_flags

2. reading a file into a csh script

3. Printcap

4. s390 (12/13): kernel module loader.

5. installer.coff floppy does not work

6. Loadable module(PPP) problems with kernel 1.3.79

7. Unix reconfiguration

8. Can't use loadable modules after custom kernel installed?

9. loadable kernel module load--NOT!

10. Loadable kernel module hacks

11. Loadable Kernel modules under SunOS 4.X

12. What kind of support for dynamically loadable kernel modules