LS-120 Mounting

Post by David Kenned » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Can someone please tell me how to mount my LS-120?

I'm new to LINUX - installed it last night and I'm just trying to get
everything up and running.

Thanks.

ME!
****
David Kennedy

ICQ "Satch" 12504131 MOB. 041 148 3039

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die"
****

LS-120 Mounting

Post by Gene Hesket » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Chetan Bhargava;

 CB> If you take a look at your system messages (dmesg) you will see
 CB> LS-120 as hdb, hdc, or hdd. Most probably hdc.

 CB> do:
 CB> mount /dev/hdc /mnt

My question exactly folks!

I tried this, and about 10,000 variations of it:

makdir /mnt/ls120
mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/ls120 -t msdos (or anyother fs for that matter)

fails totally IF there is a superdisk, brand new, factory formatted, in
the drive.  I tried 3 of them, * disks, write protected.

FWIW, I also have 3 that are trashed, by a bad driver on another
machine, and they report exactly the same errors.

msdos5.0 formatted 1440k floppy's work just fine.

 CB> and it will mount the disk in /mnt.

Sure it will...

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip

         RC5-Moo! 22kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
--

LS-120 Mounting

Post by cdog » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Are these things using partiton #1 for the factory format? Zip disks come out
the factory with partition #4 formats for transportability?

Example of a Zip on a secoundary slave mounting to a FAT 32 DOS partition on #4
to /mnt/zip:

mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip

> Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Chetan Bhargava;

>  CB> If you take a look at your system messages (dmesg) you will see
>  CB> LS-120 as hdb, hdc, or hdd. Most probably hdc.

>  CB> do:
>  CB> mount /dev/hdc /mnt

> My question exactly folks!

> I tried this, and about 10,000 variations of it:

> makdir /mnt/ls120
> mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/ls120 -t msdos (or anyother fs for that matter)

> fails totally IF there is a superdisk, brand new, factory formatted, in
> the drive.  I tried 3 of them, * disks, write protected.

> FWIW, I also have 3 that are trashed, by a bad driver on another
> machine, and they report exactly the same errors.

> msdos5.0 formatted 1440k floppy's work just fine.

>  CB> and it will mount the disk in /mnt.

> Sure it will...

> Cheers, Gene
> --
>   Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip

>          RC5-Moo! 22kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
> --

LS-120 Mounting

Post by D. C. & M. V. Session » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Can someone please tell me how to mount my LS-120?

> I'm new to LINUX - installed it last night and I'm just trying to get
> everything up and running.

LS-120 disks aren't partitioned.  Also, for some
reason they don't always self-identify correctly
unless the drive has read them.  We haven't played
with them much.  Still, ours works fine with

mount -t auto /dev/hdb /floppy

--
Windows: "We can get available on some NT servers up to 99.5% !!!!"
*nix: "Our server availability is 99.99937%.