Adding service on boot up

Post by Phili » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:56:57

I am trying to add a service on bootup to a system running RH 7.0  For
some reason this system does not have SysV(init) on it and I was trying
to configure this using chkconfig.  But evertime I try to run
chkconfig --add servnew
I get the error message
"service  servnew does not support chkconfig"

Thanks
Philip

Adding service on boot up

Post by Peter T. Breue » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:59:17

> I am trying to add a service on bootup to a system running RH 7.0  For
> some reason this system does not have SysV(init) on it and I was trying

Better install it then. I sincerely doubt that anyone at RH has tested
or debugged anything in a situation where it isn't installed!

What are you using in its place? It all sounds most unlikely!

Quote:> to configure this using chkconfig.  But evertime I try to run
> chkconfig --add servnew
> I get the error message
> "service  servnew does not support chkconfig"

So don't run chkconfig, or fix whatever's broke. I doubt that sysv init
is not installed!

Peter