Print Command?

Post by Jorge A. Melende » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:00:39

I am trying to use the 'print' command  in a script in Redhat Linux
7.0.  I don't find the command 'print' or a 'man' page on it.

I want to confirm that Linux uses the 'echo' command instead of 'print'?

Thank you,

Jorge M.

Print Command?

Post by Michael Heimin » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:37:27

> I am trying to use the 'print' command  in a script in Redhat Linux
> 7.0.  I don't find the command 'print' or a 'man' page on it.

> I want to confirm that Linux uses the 'echo' command instead of 'print'?

The command is called printf and it has a C like options.

Michael Heiming

Print Command?

Post by Lew Pitche » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:01:32

> I am trying to use the 'print' command  in a script in Redhat Linux
> 7.0.  I don't find the command 'print' or a 'man' page on it.

> I want to confirm that Linux uses the 'echo' command instead of 'print'?

Well, we cant confirm that until you tell us what you think that the
'print' command does <g>.

If you intend to display a text line, then 'echo' will do.
If you intend to print a text file, then 'lpr' is the command to use.
If you intend to wear flowered shirts ('prints' <g>), then you have to
install a custom package.

--
Lew Pitcher

Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training
Registered Linux User #112576

1. It's Possible Printing Postscript Documents with lpr (linux) or print command ( windows)?

Dear all,
It's possible to print postscript ( *.ps ) with lpr command under Linux
or print command under Windows?
It's not compatible with print command under windows, it's possible to convert
*.ps into *.prn so i can print it under windows.

2. No frames in Konqueror

3. Print command to specify a paper tray ??

4. Newbie - BellSouth xDSL

5. Print Command?

6. simpler 'highpte' design.

7. Print-commands-only user?

8. Modem

9. Acroread default print command

10. print command on crontab

11. UNIX print commands

12. Problem with the read/print command in ksh

13. problem with print command in gdb(Linux)