'chat' problem

Post by Chri » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

Could someone tell me how to setup the chat command.  The problem I'm
having is that the scripts I'm sending are not reaching the modem.  I
know the modem is working because it will respond if I send commands
directly to its /dev file but the chat command cannot seem to reach it.

1. pppd 'chat' problems with modem.

I've got a USR Sportster 33.6 modem, manually configured for IRQ 3 and
Com4.  My rc.serial knows this, and sets it accordingly.  When I run
Seyon, or minicom, I can get a rapid response from the modem from my AT
commands.  Whenever I try to run 'chat' however, to kick off my ppp
connection, I get no response from it whatsoever.  I've even replaced
the chat proggy and then the complete pppd-2.3.x suite.  Made no
difference, though.

I can only assume that chat isn't talking to the modem at all.  Does
anybody know if this is right?  And why?  I also have mingetty running 6
vconsoles.  I don't know whether this makes any difference.

Can anybody help me pleeeeezzzzzzeeeeeeeee?????

The Doctor

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. DIABLO

3. PPP/CHAT: chat won't chat with modem, why?

4. JFS performance in sequential write in tiobench benchmark

5. Cant get modem to connect with 'chat' and 'pppd'

6. Problem w/ strtok

7. PPP working with USR X2 modem! (WAS Re: pppd 'chat' problems with modem.)

8. Problem with finger and /usr/adm/lastlog

9. PPP Setup (problems with 'chat').

10. Maybe solved ppp chat 'typewriter' problem

11. problem with 'chat' scripts and ppp connection

12. diald, chat log error 'Can't get terminal parameters: Invalid argument'

13. 'chat' bug - can't connect to ISP