need a getty for dialup access

Post by Matthew B Com » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

OK, I've been having problems with uugetty (from the getty_ps package) seg
faulting at connect time. I wrote to the author, and received automated
email back to the effect that getty_ps is no longer supported, and has
some known problems with "current" systems.

SO my questions is then: can someone point me to a package that I can use
for allowing dial-ins to my linux box? I'm not all that confident in
agetty for the job.

Help very much appreciated!

--
Matthew B Comer

need a getty for dialup access

Post by Timothy Murp » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>OK, I've been having problems with uugetty (from the getty_ps package) seg
>faulting at connect time. I wrote to the author, and received automated
>email back to the effect that getty_ps is no longer supported, and has
>some known problems with "current" systems.
>SO my questions is then: can someone point me to a package that I can use
>for allowing dial-ins to my linux box? I'm not all that confident in
>agetty for the job.

Use mgetty.
It is much better than getty (= getty_ps) anyway.

Begin
35:PkgName    = mgetty+sendfax-0.22.tar.gz
35:Title      = mgetty+sendfax
25:Version    = 0.22 beta
65:Desc1      = fax package for Linux and SV Unix + Class 2 Faxmodems
65:Desc2      = getty program with fax receive function, external sendfax
65:Desc3      = program to send ghostscript-dfaxhigh fax pages.
65:Desc4      = vgetty program for voice functions (answering machine!)

65:MaintAt1   = ftp.leo.org
65:PathFile1  = /pub/comp/networking/communication/modem/mgetty/
65:MaintAt2   = sunsite.unc.edu
65:PathFile2  = /pub/Linux/system/Serial
65:MaintAt3   = tsx-11.mit.edu
65:PathFile3  = /pub/linux/usr.bin
65:Required1  = Class 2 Faxmodem (i.e. Supra, ZyXEL, Zoom, GVC)
65:Required2  = 16550 UART strongly recommended
65:Required3  = GhostScript 2.5 or higher, or PBMPLUS package
65:CopyPolicy = Do what you want with it, but keep my name in it.
65:Keywords   = Fax Class2 Sendfax Modem
15:ApproxSize = 330k
65:Last3Rel   = 0.22 0.20 0.18 0.16 0.14
65:Comment1   = documentation is in texinfo format, documentation in
65:Comment2   = poscript, dvi, info, nroff in mgetty+sendfax-0.22.doc.tar.gz
65:Comment3   = see also: http://www.leo.org/~doering/mgetty/index.html
30:CheckedBy  = Gert Doering
 8:Date       = 13Nov94
End

Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

Post by Gert Doeri » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>OK, I've been having problems with uugetty (from the getty_ps package) seg
>faulting at connect time. I wrote to the author, and received automated
>email back to the effect that getty_ps is no longer supported, and has
>some known problems with "current" systems.
>SO my questions is then: can someone point me to a package that I can use
>for allowing dial-ins to my linux box? I'm not all that confident in
>agetty for the job.

mgetty.

(To be found on sunsite in /pub/Linux/system/Serial/mgetty*)

gert
--
Yield to temptation ... it may not pass your way again!  --  Lazarus Long
                                                            //www.muc.de/~gert

1. Need Help RH5.2, Lans and Dialup Internet Access

I have a small network running RH 5.2 and KDE.  I can connect to my ISP from
the network server (where the modem is) using PAP, but something must be
messed up with the DNS configuration.  I can connect, but can't ping
addresses on the net.  Ping just hangs.  the ISP's DNS ip addresses are in
/etc/resolv.conf

I tried KPPP and using linux scripts to start pppd, but they both do exactly
the same problem.

My computer running Linux at home works great connected to the net through
the same ISP.  That's why I thought that the LAN configuration might be
conflicting with the dialup connection.

Ideas, solutions or suggestions?????

TIA
Don Cook

2. Modem/TTY acts funny

3. Dialup access to Netware through OpenLinux remote access server

4. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.shell

5. which getty has dialup password support?

6. public and private IP on one interface eth0

7. Which getty supports dialup password ?

8. Sysadmin Staffing Model

9. Getty/Inittab dialup problems.

10. How do I set up getty to utilize my dialup modem line?

11. Getty failing, dialups useless

12. Is a getty server replacing multiple getty processes feasable?

13. fax getty and data getty?