50-line text mode?

Post by Chris Coyl » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:50:19

Anybody know how to make text-mode linux come up in 50-line text mode?
I'm trying to set up an old laptop which is too small and slow to load X.
The standard 25-line (or is it 24?) mode sucks.

50-line text mode?

Post by Craig Kelle » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:01:02

> Anybody know how to make text-mode linux come up in 50-line text mode?
> I'm trying to set up an old laptop which is too small and slow to load X.
> The standard 25-line (or is it 24?) mode sucks.

Wow!  You don't hear that question very often.

stty rows 50

50-line text mode?

Post by bluste.. » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 08:55:39

Quote:> Anybody know how to make text-mode linux come up in 50-line text mode?
> I'm trying to set up an old laptop which is too small and slow to load
X.
> The standard 25-line (or is it 24?) mode sucks.

Put vga=ask in the lilo config file, and lilo will ask you what
video mode you want. Once you know, put vga=mypreference.

Bluster

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. 50-line text mode

  Can someone give me some advice on setting this up?  Including vga=ask in
lilo.conf does no good at all, it never 'asks' me anything!  I seem to
remember something about recompiling the kernel to make it start up in
50-row mode, but running 'make config' never asks me about text modes...
  If the answer is in an FAQ, could someone point me to the right one?  I'm
having a bear of a time programming with only 25-rows on my screen!

2. would like info about using AutoClient

3. 50-line console mode

4. Redhat 6.0 with Win NT4 - smbmount problems

5. VGA 50-line mode?

6. Mosaic for Linux

7. RH 7.0 : change console text lines from 25 to 50 or higher ?

8. tin and slip == S L O W

9. 50 lines in "default" text console?

10. Is it possible to set 50 line mode ?

11. 25/50 Line Console Mode

12. Kermit & 50 line mode

13. 50 line mode in VT?