Can anyone help me with a dial up SMTP setup ???

Post by Ke » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone help me with a dial up SMTP setup ???

I am setting up a Redhat Linux 5.0 server to be used as an Email
server.
(I will ungrade to 5.1 when I get the chance)

Q.  1
Which is easier to get up and running for Dial-up STMP Smail or
Sendmail ???

Q. 2

 Can anyone tell me what files need to be modified to get this going?

I'm quite exper. using UUCP, but have yet to use the STMP for such a
machine. I've used Smail under UUCP and things were pretty much
straight forward.

I would like to dial up the ISP about every 15 min. or so and exchange
mail. My proveider mantioned someting about using a standard dialup
(He has NT 4.0) opening a telent sesion and executing SMTP commands.

Is this how it is normally done???

Any and all info. is greatly appr.

Thanks,
Ken

Can anyone help me with a dial up SMTP setup ???

Post by Stefano Santor » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Take a look at fetchmail

  http://earthspace.net/~esr/fetchmail/

Can anyone help me with a dial up SMTP setup ???

Post by Stefano Santor » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Take a look at fetchmail

  http://earthspace.net/~esr/fetchmail/

1. Can anyone help me with a dial up SMTP setup ???

[...]

2. GCC: basic setup question

3. usb 3Com ethernet adapter and samba

4. Can anyone help me setup a dial-in line ???

5. Checking Tape Drive Status

6. nis and cron

7. Can anyone help me setup a DIAL-IN line ???

8. Dial-up Proxy & Dial-up SMTP .

9. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

10. Anyone have info on how to setup a dial-in server

11. Anyone know how to setup RedHat Linux to connect to internet by Dial-up Networking?