"Cannot continue, aborting"

Post by Bruce Kwa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi-

I have a Dell XPS500 with two separate hard drives (25G,18G).
I have Windows 98 running on the primary IDE drive and
RH6.1 on the other. I am using LILO to manage the OS's.

Immediately after loading on Linux, the system booted up to
Linux just fine. However, after going into Windows 98,
the subsequent attempts to boot into Linux have resulted in
an error:

Checking root filesystem
/dev/hdb1 is mounted. Cannot continue, aborting.

[FAILED]

***An error occurred during the file system check.

Does anyone know what is going wrong? I tried re-loading
LILO. One time, I shutdown from Windows98 (not restarted)
and then I was able to boot up into Linux...once. After that,
it never worked again.

Presently, I must use a floppy disk to boot up in Linux which
is a pain.

Please email me with any suggestions! Thanks!

Bruce

1. Error congiguring video card --"Cannot find server, cannot continue"

I am trying to configure my Matrox Millenium G200 vid card for red hat linux
5.  I am using their Xconfigurator program but I keep getting the error "canot
find server, cannot continue"  I tried selecting Matrox Millenium from the
list of vid cards but that didn't work.  I also tried selected Unlisted Card
from the list but that didn't work either.  Does anybody have any ideas on how
to fix this?  Thanks

Kevin Matthews

2. Slackware 2 can't see 2nd IDE card

3. What happened to worm author?

5. Apache dies when NIS goes down

7. Cooledit 3.8.2 - X text editor programmable with Python

8. Xterm aborts because "cannot open psuedo tty"

9. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

10. Cannot Use "ifconfig" nor "iwconfig" effectively

11. "Too Big" and "This Region cannot be used" msgs from install.

12. "umsdos" vs "vfat" vs "looped ext2"