Can't get 3Com 590C adaptor to work with 2.0.7 kernel

Can't get 3Com 590C adaptor to work with 2.0.7 kernel

Post by George S. Witme » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I've added support in the kernel for this adaptor, and I know the card
works ok because it works in Win 3.51.  Also, the boot seems to find the
card ok, but at the very end of the boot it gives the errors

eth0: vortex_open() InternalConfig 00020012.
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

And of course, this is correct, the network does indeed turn out to be
unreachable.  I've compared my configs to a PC on the same port that
works ok, and it works, so I'm pretty sure my settings are correct.

Anyone have any clues?  TIA

George Witmer

1. 3Com Ethernet adapter works, then doesn't work

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Ethernet adapter under Redhat 7.0. When I first
boot the system, my ethernet card (3C905) works fine. But, after some amount
of uptime ranging from 1 day to more than two weeks, it stops working.

Some background: I get my IP address through DHCP. My DHCP client is pump.
At first I thought the problem was related to my DHCP lease renewal, but my
problems don't seem to coincide with DHCP lease renewal times.  When it went
down last time, ifconfig said that eth0 was still up and working but there
was no IP address bound to it. Pump said that my IP address was still the
same as it had been before.  I couldn't ping any other computers on the
network, and other computers couldn't ping me.

I can't find anything in my /var/log/messages that would shed light on the
situation. Maybe there are some other log files I should check that would
help me with the troubleshooting?

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. This problem is driving
me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

2. Why MySQL has no mysqld.sock file after installation.

3. Two or more 3com Etherlink III adapters with openBSD 2.9 don't work???

4. Linux & Win95

5. Howto get kernel to recognize 3COM's Vortex Adapter?

6. OT Which distro is more in line with IBM, Sun, Oracle, etc?

7. 3Com 590C

8. pptp and poptop

9. 3com pc card doesn't work after recompiling kernel

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. Absulutely can't get multi-link in 3Com Impact IQ ISDN adapter..

12. 100baseT 3Com adapter problem - works fine under Windoz but not Linux