HELP! libvga.config setup woes with CL5434

HELP! libvga.config setup woes with CL5434

Post by Jason L Saunde » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have svgalib-1.2.10 and a Cirrus Logic 5434 with 1MB RAM.

It works fine in all modes up to 640x480x16M (mode 19), but
anything over that gives vertical bands down the screen with distortion. The
800x600x32K and 800x600x64K modes give two vertical distortion bands, and
the picture goes off the screen (can't be fixed with the monitor controls).
When looking at images it looks like the left bit is rendered, then there's
the vertical distortion and a little gap, then some more of the image
including some of the first bit, then distortion and a gap, then the right
part of the image.

Is there something in libvga.config that could sort this?

Grateful for any help,
Jason
--
Jason Saunders
Kempo Ju-Jitsu Coventry (UK) - email for details

HELP! libvga.config setup woes with CL5434

Post by Jason L Saunde » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I'm reposting the article I originally posted ages ago, as I haven't had
any response so far. I would really appreciate an answer to this. Please
e-mail me and I will summarise the answers to the newsgroup.

Cheers

Quote:>I have svgalib-1.2.10 and a Cirrus Logic 5434 with 1MB RAM.

--
Jason Saunders
Kempo Ju-Jitsu Coventry (UK) - email for details

1. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

I'm running SLACKWARE 3.0 and I'm having a very difficult time setting
up the X-window.  I keep getting these areas listed below, look through
the man pages but to no avail, changing options and not knowing what
options are the problem, even using my hardware description of the
devices.  Anyway listed below are my describtions of hardware for the
mouse, monitor and video card.

Mouse: PS-2 mouse with 3-button(generic)

Video Card: RIVA TNT (AGP) w/16mb ram

Errors:
Fatal Server Error
Mouse not found (Device or Resource Busy)
initrc file or directory not found

I follow the xf86config defaults when asking where to put the symbolic
links for the /usr/X11R6/bin

Help is needed, tks in advance
--
Kevin Lacey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Motorola Powerstack PPC install help !!!

3. g400 ntsc libvga.config setup

4. Can't export "hidden" filesystem

5. CL5434/Accel woes

6. VNC without graphics card