dual boot

Post by Javie » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:00:25

I'm planning to install WIN98 and Linux on the same hard drive.  How do I go
about creating a dual boot?  Also, should I install Windows first?

Thanks,
Javier

dual boot

Post by ERix » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:30:24

Always install Windows (no matter which version) before Linux. From my
experience, it will not work vice versa.  Also put Lilo in the master boot
record when given the option in the install process.

Quote:> I'm planning to install WIN98 and Linux on the same hard drive.  How do I
go
> about creating a dual boot?  Also, should I install Windows first?

> Thanks,
> Javier

dual boot

Post by Paul R. Wood » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:06:41

> I'm planning to install WIN98 and Linux on the same hard drive.  How do I go
> about creating a dual boot?  Also, should I install Windows first?

> Thanks,
> Javier

Why?  Do you like unreliability?  Sorry.  I actually have to dual-boot,
too, but only because my kids already had some games on CDROM.  If this
machine were as fast as what I have at work I would be running VMWare.
I use it at work.  The nice thing about it is that you don't have to
re-boot to get to Windows, and when (not if) Windows goes feet up, it
doesn't take down the whole machine, just the bit you permitted it to
tarnish when you configured VMWare.  Check it out at www.vmware.com.

--
Paul R. Woods                       This machine powered by Linux!

1. Dual boot networked to dual boot

I have two dual boot machines. They are already networked when both
machines are running Win98. I want to network them when one is running
linux and the other is running Win98. I also want to network them when
they are both running linux.

Does one of these machines have to be set up as a server and the other a
workstation?

2. sorry but, I need iso image of OpenBSD 3.1

3. dual-HD, dual-boot problem ... booting Win98 fails on hdb

4. Dell ultrascan settings for xf86config

5. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

6. scheduler tunables with contest - exit_weight

7. /etc/.syslog_door

8. Dual boot Debian and XP "boot failure" using XP boot loader

9. help with dual boot, dual drive setup?

10. Dual boot for dual Hard drive (newbie)

11. Dual Boot--Dual Monitor in win98--X trouble with Linux

12. Help RH7.2 dual proc, dual boot