cant mount cdrom and floppy?

Post by ThomasWal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi All,

> Two questions to ask:

> 1)I'm using Slackware3.0(kernel 2.0.0), but cant mount /mnt/cdrom and
> /mnt/floppy. I can see my cdrom using dmesg command like-- hdd:CS-R38 ATAPI
> CD-ROM Drive, also under /dev--i can see cdrom--->dev/hdd, then when i use
> mount /mnt/cdrom commnad, it respond " mount:mount point /mnt/cdrom does not
> exit"(my setting in /etc/fstab---/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauot,owner 0
> 0).

Hallo sean,
does the mount point /mnt/cdrom exists?
Have you tried
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /mnt ?

Regards
Thomas Walz

Quote:

> 2)when i exec mount /fd0/floppy, system respond "fs type vfat not supported
> by kernel". Is modfying kernel a only way to deal with, if so where can i
> get better sources to do so('cause i read some HOWTOs but dont explain
> clearly to deal wiht my problems)

> thanks

> sean

1. Cant'mount my cdroms of floppy

I Just intalled Mandrake 8.1.  What a breeze! However...

I cannot mount my cd-rom, cd burner, or foppy drive.  Very strange, because
I can play my audio cd's with no problem and I can load packets from the
installation disks with no problem.

I am very new to linux.

2. X-Servers for M$-Windows

3. Cant Mount Floppies or CDROMS!!!

4. 2.4 broken on 486SX

5. RedHat 5.1 floppy install not mounting floppy ro CDROM

6. kfirewall leased

7. Problem mounting cdrom on CDROM-floppy hot swap Dell laptop

8. Time frame for newest Slackware?

9. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

10. Arrrgh!! Still Cant Mount Floppy!

11. I cant mount vfat, msdos and cdroms anymore !!!

12. cant mount cdrom in DR3?