Where is .html help system located

Post by Matt Franci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hey all
When I used RedHat 6.1, launching netscape brought up a front page with
a link to all sorts of organized howto's.  Where do I find these???
Thanks,
Matt

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Hey all
>When I used RedHat 6.1, launching netscape brought up a front page with
>a link to all sorts of organized howto's.  Where do I find these???
>Thanks,
>Matt

So what Linux distibution are you using now?  RedHat distros usually have
a default home page for Netscape that has links to Apache docs and
RedHat's website.  Maybe you did not install other html docs, but you may
be able to find something in /usr/doc

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

Where is .html help system located

Post by Bit Twist » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Have you looked at the bottom of netscape's window when you place
the mouse over the link you have an interest?

Another trick,  right click your mouse on a page and
pull down to View Page Source

One last trick, as root
updatedb                      runs for several minutes, then
locate /index

--
The warranty and liability expired as you read the message.
Practice safe computing. Backup the file before you change it.

Where is .html help system located

Post by Matt Franci » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

YES!!!
That was what I was looking for--I remember links to Apache, Samba and other
package HOWTO's.  The RedHat 6.2 netscape startup page is much more
streamlined, and points to all sorts of locations within redhat.com.  There
are also links to the fsf, KDE and gnome websites.  AND a /usr/doc
reference, which is _almost_what I wanted to find, but I remember a huge,
topically arranged and outlined page.  The /usr/doc reference is
unorganized, and I was trying to find help documents that say "How to set up
file and print sharing", not "samba-2.0.7"
Thanks

> >Hey all
> >When I used RedHat 6.1, launching netscape brought up a front page with
> >a link to all sorts of organized howto's.  Where do I find these???
> >Thanks,
> >Matt

> So what Linux distibution are you using now?  RedHat distros usually have
> a default home page for Netscape that has links to Apache docs and
> RedHat's website.  Maybe you did not install other html docs, but you may
> be able to find something in /usr/doc

> --

> http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/  http://www.berniesfloral.net/
> http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. Need help with locating utilities for setting up the system.

Hi.  I've been looking around, and eventually I will probably find these,
but there's got to be a better way.

I can't seem to find the following utilities:

expr
nroff
catman
which
tbl
eqn

I need expr to build a new kernel.  I am trying to get my Logitech Bus
mouse to work.  This is the only one that is essential.

I realize that nroff and catman are possibly not available, but then
how to we linuxers create cat? entries for our man pages?  I could
go to our Sun, but that's not really an answer.

-Dave
--
David Giller, Box 134 | Q: How many Oregonians does it take to screw in a light
Occidental College    | bulb?  A: Three.  One to replace the bulb, and two to

2. ???-How to duplicate stdout in BASH shell-???

3. Help locating system varaible EEXIST

4. Is there an IBM XLFortran/Fortran90 expert out there ?

5. I am new to Embedded Systems. Help

6. UNIX System Labs????

7. Help, I am locked from my system

8. Xfree4 with a Compaq TFT5000S : any success ?

9. Small HTML Online help system, using Qt3

10. PROCESS:kerbd: could not be located + PROCESS:lpNet: could not be located

11. Why is OpenBSD's locate update beating FreeBSD's locate update speed?

12. Web based mail system can't locate Net/SMTP.pm

13. Locating system folder with RedHat installer?