NT nfs client, NT xwindows client?

Post by Alan Ambros » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I have a port to do of a C++ project from NT to Linux. I just installed
RH5.2 (which happens to be lying around here) on a i86 PC and everything
works fine, GCC is already installed, xwindows (XFree86) starts OK, I can
ftp and telnet from my NT machines etc. I have been impressed that
everything installed so smoothly. I have a couple of questions:

(a) I have a problem using my Belkin Omniview switch. When I switch from my
NT machine to my Linux machine (running X) the mouse screws up on Linux. It
seems to be 'caught' in the top right of the screen. I can solve this my
stopping and restarting X but that's a pain everytime you switch from one
machine to the other. Any ideas? It's an MS PS/2 intellimouse and behaves
fine with X until I switch to the NT machine and back.

(b) Does anyone have recommendations for lowish cost NT-based nfs and
xwindows clients?

Regards

Alan Ambrose

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. Minority OS report.

3. NT integration - rdist client for Windows NT?

4. Printing 1st 200 lines of every file

5. NT Server, Unix DNS, NT Clients...HELP!!!!!!

6. win 98 access to linux box

7. Xwindows client for Win NT/95/98

8. grep with "." in the string

9. Any freeware NT NFS client out there

10. free NFS client for win95/98/NT

11. ----Where To Find Free NFS Server/Client For NT---

12. Free NFS client/server for Windows NT, 2000 available

13. X server and NFS clients for Windows 95/NT