newbie question: configuring keyboard

Post by giantaba.. » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:03:35

Hi all, I've installed SuSE 6.3 and I don't find the file that specifies the
keyboard language to change the current settings from <?> to Italian. Could
you help me ? Thank you GmB

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

newbie question: configuring keyboard

Post by Frederik Himp » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 05:25:09

Quote:> Hi all, I've installed SuSE 6.3 and I don't find the file that specifies
> the keyboard language to change the current settings from <?> to Italian.
> Could you help me ? Thank you GmB

I am not Itialian, but maybe you can find some useful information in the
Italian howto on http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Italian-HOWTO.html

Greetings,
Frederik
--
Frederik's Linux-Mandrake Experience Story
http://www.mandrakestory.cjb.net - http://how.to/mandrakestory

newbie question: configuring keyboard

Post by Duane Healin » Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:11:55

Look in /etc/rc.config for an entry that says KEYTABLE="some.map.gz"
and change it to read KEYTABLE="it.map.gz", that should help. You may
need to do some xmodmap work to get things straight in X too.

--
-Duane
DNAware SoftLabs

> Hi all, I've installed SuSE 6.3 and I don't find the file that specifies
> the keyboard language to change the current settings from <?> to
> Italian. Could you help me ? Thank you GmB

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. <Newbie> Trying to configure MetroX, Setup fails while trying to select Keyboard layout

I have setup Linux 2.0.31 RedHat 5.0 on an AMD 486DX4-100 MHz VLB
CirrusLogic CL-GD5428 2M Video card & Promise 2300+ EIDE Adapter
What is happening? I have gotten to the config of MetroX and when I
try to select a keyboard other than default it locks up the system.  I
have to do a cold boot at that time.  All my expertise with DOS
systems is useless to me now, and I'd like to join the Unix community
and experiment with other systems.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and help.
Please contact me by E-Mail
Eric Brunelle
Fredericksburg, VA

2. PPP via serial link to Linux

3. Newbie Question: How to change the point on the numerical keyboard into a komma ??

4. Optimizing for Virtual Mem Use

5. Newbie question - keyboard and mouse won't work in KDE or Gnome

6. kernel problen of 2.2.12/13 ? (Unable to handle k

7. Newbie question about Sun keyboards

8. semctl problem

9. Ultra 5 Newbie Keyboard question

10. Newbie question, I can't get the international keyboard to work

11. newbie Question Sol.10 x86 - Keyboard layout

12. newbie question: Mouse / Keyboard incompatability problems

13. Keyboard problem (or perhaps a stupid newbie question :-)