MS Windows Sound System (PLEASE Help me with this sound card) !!!!!!!

MS Windows Sound System (PLEASE Help me with this sound card) !!!!!!!

Post by Janc Lag » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Please anyone could help me to configure my Microsoft Windows Sound System
sound card ?
I'm trying "sndconfig" giveing the same hardware parameters used by
Windows98 (I have linux and Win98 at the same PC) and when I configure the
card the program ask me if I can hear the sample file but I just can hear
one short noise at the speakers (connected in to the OUT LINE in my card).

Please help me because I realy don't know what to do !!!

MS Windows Sound System (PLEASE Help me with this sound card) !!!!!!!

Post by Anita Lewi » Sun, 25 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I got lucky, I guess.  I decided to look at my autoexec.bat in Windows
and got what was being set for the sound.  It had all the numbers.  Then
somewhere I read to do sndconfig --noautoconfig.  It gave a list of
cards there and I chose Blaster and found one that I could put my
numbers into.  Mine is 16 bit and I think that had the right number of
columns and the choices for my numbers were there.  So I chose those and
I got the voice on the test.  That might work.  I know it doesn't sound
very technically suave, but it worked for me.

Anita

1. MS Windows Sound System (Please Help me with this sound card) !!!!!!!!

Please anyone could help me to configure my Microsoft Windows Sound System
sound card ?
I'm trying "sndconfig" giveing the same hardware parameters used by
Windows98 (I have linux and Win98 at the same PC) and when I configure the
card the program ask me if I can hear the sample file but I just can hear
one short noise at the speakers (connected in to the OUT LINE in my card).

Please help me because I realy don't know what to do !!!

2. Solaris x86 2.5 installation disk

3. Sound Driver support for Windows Sound System Card

4. IBM's ontology of 'command'

5. Sound/ADLIB/MS Sound SYSTEM and LINUX

6. Linux install these days?

7. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

8. Driver for miro crystal 8S garaphics card

9. MS Windows Sound System

10. MS Windows Sound System problems

11. Sound Card freezing my system -- HELP PLEASE

12. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?

13. Can't get MS Sound System card to work...