cron troubles after upgrading to RedHat 4.0

cron troubles after upgrading to RedHat 4.0

Post by David Fenye » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I've upgraded my redhat 3.03 system to redhat 4.0 recently, and
have had some problems.

First, cron sends root the following mail every minute:

/bin/bash: root: command not found

The relevant portion of the crontab is:

--
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# Run any at jobs every minute
* * * * * root /usr/sbin/atrun
--

This was my 3.03 crontab installed by default.  I've also tried
removing the 'root' specifier, with no change in behavior.

I'd be grateful for any input that could help me* this problem.

Thanks,

David.
--
David Fenyes                               University of Texas Medical School

1. RedHat upgrade top Redhat v.4.0 help- please??

I installed Caldera which came with kernel version 1.2.13.  I just acquired
RedHat's newest CD labeled version 4.0 which has a kernel of 2.??.  I would like
to upgrade.

Has anyone upgrade from kernel 1.2.13 to the 2.?? series kernel that comes
on the RedHat CDROM?  Anyone who originally installed from Caldera?

Any help would be much appreciated.  I have scoured the Caldera archives
and ftp site and am finding nothing that talks about this tho Caldera tech support
said they are having success with this.  But I can find nothing to help me
upgrade, and I cannot get into RedHat's site this eve to see if I can just
upgrade on their CDROM.  I have looked all over their CDROM and find no README
files to even tell me how to upgrade.

Help anyone?

tx if anyone can comment, david

2. Redhat 7.1: Where is bootpd?

3. RH 4.0 upgrade : trouble building new kernels

4. Middle mouse button hack

5. RedHat "Official" 4.0 Troubles

6. problem in atdisk2-0.8

7. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

8. PCMCIA modem slow under linux

9. Trouble setting up an internet router with RedHat 4.0

10. Trouble Installing RedHat 4.0

11. still trouble with remote printing on redhat 4.0

12. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

13. RedHat "Official" 4.0 Troubles