DELL OEM Turtle Beach Montego II sound card for RH 7.3?

DELL OEM Turtle Beach Montego II sound card for RH 7.3?

Post by J » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:42:35

Does this sound card work for RH73? Obviously no default driver comes
with RH73. Where can I download the driver?

Any successful experience?

Thanks a lot!

DELL OEM Turtle Beach Montego II sound card for RH 7.3?

Post by Joe » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:45:12

Boy I would like one also if its out there.

> Does this sound card work for RH73? Obviously no default driver comes
> with RH73. Where can I download the driver?

> Any successful experience?

> Thanks a lot!

DELL OEM Turtle Beach Montego II sound card for RH 7.3?

Post by J » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:17:25

It works now!
Just make a link 'linux' in /usr/src:

ln -s linux-2.4.18-3 linux

And when compile, use 'make install'.

Good luck!

> Boy I would like one also if its out there.

> > Does this sound card work for RH73? Obviously no default driver comes
> > with RH73. Where can I download the driver?

> > Any successful experience?

> > Thanks a lot!

1. Turtle Beach Montego-II on Dell for RH 6.2!!??

Hi, there:

My Dell PC has an OEM Turtle Beach Montego-II sound card. It used to
work well on RH6.0 with kernel 2.2.5. Lately I upgrade to RH 6.2, also
upgrade kernel to 2.2.17. (BTW, I don't want to use RH7.0 at all.)

For the sound card works, I download the driver which is aureal 1.1.1
version (also tried the other earlier versions, results are the same).
Follow the instructions (such as 'disable the PnP option in
bios', 'compile kernel to support sound, not in module'), and when I
do 'make install20' (or install, install30), error is always 'device is
busy'. I don't know what's going on. I tried this on both text mode and
Gnome.

The README file said that this 'device busy' error maybe caused by 'PnP
support in BIOS'. But I did turn it off!

Did anyone successfully config this card under 2.2.17 on RH6.2?
I don't know if this error is related to 2.2.17. And I'm considering to
try on 2.2.16.

BTW, I don't think I got any mistake to compile the kernel. 'cause the
module for my 3com NIC works fine, the other stuff also work like a
champ, such as video card, PPPoE.

Any suggestions or help?

Thnx a lot!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ISP Newby Question Regarding: FreeBSD Dialin Internet Gateway/Windows '95 Dialup Networking

3. Turtle Beach Montego (Dell OEM) with RedHat 5.2

4. Please help with 4 issues on new install of RH8

5. Turtle Beach Montego A3D (Dell OEM)

6. dosemu problem

7. Turtle Beach Montego II sound card and V90 internal modem setup

8. help with using curses library

9. Sound Card Turtle Beach Montego II on SuSE 9

10. Turtle Beach Montego II Sound Card

11. Drivers for Turtle Beach Montego II sound card

12. Setup for sound card Turtle beach Montego II A3D (+USB)

13. montego turtle beach ii sound card