Installing Linux on a Micron Millenia Pro2

Installing Linux on a Micron Millenia Pro2

Post by Christinger Tome » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am having problems setting up the networking on a Micron Millenia
Pro2. Specifically, RedHat 5.2 cannot find the NIC, because (based on
what I have read and been able to figure out) the W6LI chipset is
"broken" and as a result forces devices into commonly conflicting IRQs,
whether PnP is disabled or not. My question is whether there is anyone
out there who has had a similar experience with Linux and this specific
machine, whether you were able to solve the problem, and if so, how you
did it.

Chris Tomer

Installing Linux on a Micron Millenia Pro2

Post by Richard Stein » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>I am having problems setting up the networking on a Micron Millenia
>Pro2. Specifically, RedHat 5.2 cannot find the NIC, because (based on
>what I have read and been able to figure out) the W6LI chipset is
>"broken" and as a result forces devices into commonly conflicting IRQs,
>whether PnP is disabled or not.

What are you using for a NIC?  I have a Micronics W6Li-based Micron
Millenia Pro2 Plus machine here as my primary machine (with an Intel
EtherExpress Pro/100B NIC), and Red Hat 5.1 automatically detected
the NIC and has given me no problems whatsoever.

--

       OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris +
        WinNT4 + Win95 + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!