Red Hat 4.2 lpr problem

Post by Steve Prat » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Any help on the following would be most gratefully received.
I had Slackware running fine, with the lp being accessed from a Windoze95
PC using Super TCP.
On changing over to Red Hat 4.2, the lp is not accessible from other hosts.
I have built an /etc/hosts.lpd file, and added /etc/hosts.allow with ALL in
it. The Red Hat control panel printer set-up test OK to the printer. I have
kepth the same internal ip addresses as before, and so I'm pretty confident
that the Win95 setup is OK as it worked before. Any help Please.
TIA
Steve

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. gcc and function templates

3. problems installing the red hat 4.2 HELP!

4. Why does Linux / OSS community love mailing lists and hate news servers?

5. Red Hat 4.2 and 3c590 Vortex problem.

6. log times in GMT, not local

7. Red Hat 4.2 PPP Problem

8. kernel sourced on ppc 2k cd?

9. Red Hat 4.2 - install problems with Adaptec AIC-7880 onboard

10. Problems with Installation of Red Hat 4.2

11. Red Hat 4.2/CD Installation Problem

12. Help: installing red hat 4.2 hard drive/zip problems

13. Help! Red Hat 4.2 sendmail problem