wondering about linux on sparcs newsgroup

wondering about linux on sparcs newsgroup

Post by Vish P. Saty » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hello
Wondering if anyone knows about a good newsgroup /resource for running linux
on sun sparcs.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks
Vish P. Satya

Post by George D » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

]Wondering if anyone knows about a good newsgroup /resource for running linux
]on sun sparcs.

There is a mailing list. I was on it for a while, and it got very
repititious, but you can try it. The address etc is probably on
http://www.geog.ubc.ca/sparclinux.html  or at least you should be
able to get pointers from there.  Try a web search for "sparc
linux mailing list" or some such too. There is a list, I just
dont have access to the details right now.

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.   __

      v   WWW: http://www.pobox.com/~gedau ! Carpentaria Buffalo Club.    W--W

1. ati wonder pro or ati wonder radeon video card

Hi,

I was wondering which agp video card would be better with linux and my
computer.

1. ALL-IN-WONDER 128 pro 32mb, agp, rage chipset
2. all-in-wonder radeon 32mb, agp, radeon chipset

Right now (2) is my top choice because it appears to have newer
hardware and more functionality.  My other hardware is abit bp6 dual
celeron mbd (has 2x agp), 2 - 433mhz celerons, 756mb dimm memory.

Thanks

2. Video doesn't work at >8-bit

3. Wonder: ATI All-In-Wonder Config

4. Service crapping out!

5. Hercules 3D Prophet All in Wonder 8500DV = ATI ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV ???

6. AmbiCom 10/100 Fast Ethernet CardBus PC Card (AMB8100)

7. ati wonder pro or ati wonder radeon video card

8. HOME MADE PC WHICH WORK WITH LINUX SYSTEM

9. Isn't it about time for newsgroups specifically for X86 and Sparcs?

10. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

11. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

12. ICQ Newsgroups coming back (Re: ICQ Newsgroups kill NS

13. SPARC SunOs 4.x or SPARC Solaris appls under Linux