swap partition deleted

Post by mdc.. » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,
Another newbie to this linux OS, all has gone well untill now, the
install went perfectly. Well i thought it did untill now. When in
xwin, i looked at my file system and got the message that "hda7 (my
swap partition) appears to have been deleted, should i remove it?"
I never touched it untill now. So wheres it gone?, and does this mean
i have no swap space?
Cheers in advance
Matt

swap partition deleted

Post by j.. » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

>Hi all,
>Another newbie to this linux OS, all has gone well untill now, the
>install went perfectly. Well i thought it did untill now. When in
>xwin, i looked at my file system and got the message that "hda7 (my
>swap partition) appears to have been deleted, should i remove it?"
>I never touched it untill now. So wheres it gone?, and does this mean
>i have no swap space?

No, it means that you're running Red Hat 5 and the fstool is broken.
Red Hat advise that you delete it.

# rpm -e fstool

HTH
John
--
John Winters.  Wallingford, Oxon, England.

The Linux Emporium - a source for Linux CDs in the UK
See <http://www.polo.demon.co.uk/emporium.html>

swap partition deleted

Post by Gary E. Blo » Mon, 04 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,
>Another newbie to this linux OS, all has gone well untill now, the
>install went perfectly. Well i thought it did untill now. When in
>xwin, i looked at my file system and got the message that "hda7 (my
>swap partition) appears to have been deleted, should i remove it?"
>I never touched it untill now. So wheres it gone?, and does this mean
>i have no swap space?

Ditto.

Regards,

Gary

swap partition deleted

Post by Steve Milewsk » Tue, 05 May 1998 04:00:00

>  i looked at my file system and got the message that "hda7 (my
> >swap partition) appears to have been deleted, should i remove it?"
> >I never touched it untill now. So wheres it gone?, and does this mean
> >i have no swap space?

> Ditto.

> Regards,

> Gary

You probably looked at it with the fstool.

RedHat says that there is a problem with fstool and that you should use
'Cabaret' from the command line instead. This is also documented in the
SAMS/RedHat book, "Teach yourself Linux in 24 hours."

1. Swap partition deleted

When I go into fstool control panel I get a message stating that my swap
partition has been deleted to I want to remove the file from fstab.
I open pdisk and it shows me that the swap partiton is there in /dev/sdc7.
Is there anyway for me to check or repair this problem.

2. Is libc.so.4.4.4 archived anywhere

3. swap partition deleted, what now ?

4. Mounting a 3rd HDD on an EIDE2300 with Linux

5. HELP: Can't delete SWAP partition

6. RAM Memory Usage Analysis

7. HELP: can't delete swap partition

8. Nagle's Limit

9. MS-DOS Swap File vs. Swap Partition

10. Swap file VS Swap partition

11. 20+ meg Swap partition setup, but top only reports 860k of swap available...

12. Installing Win/Linux shared swap on old swap partition

13. Linux Swap Partition and Win3.1 Swap File