Scanner

Post by B.Y » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

Can someone tell me how well does Linux (slackware or RedHat) interact
with scanners (hp is the current interest, other suggestions welcome)?
Is it easy?  What kind of software are there?

! Graduate(!) student: Something which will turn people green on sight.  !

Scanner

Post by Brian Wo » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

: Can someone tell me how well does Linux (slackware or RedHat) interact
: with scanners (hp is the current interest, other suggestions welcome)?
: Is it easy?  What kind of software are there?

xvscan is a program from tummy software which handles the HP scanners
quite well. It is a superset of "xv". Although it is commercial the
price ($50) is extremely reasonable, especially since it includes a
registration for the shareware xv (normally $25). I think their web site
is www.tummy.com, and I am sure their telephone number is:
(402)-344-4426

--
Brian E.W. Wood

"Would you put your money in a bank which used Windows '95 to manage accounts?"

1. ocr linux scanner: ocr support for linux scanners?

 I'm looking for a scanner/OCR combination for linux.

I don't want to spend a bundle.
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

I know that vividata ocr shop can be used with linux.
http://www.vividata.com/scanshop.html

But the scanners they support seem only to be high end, and most of
them I can't even find prices for. (maybe they are out of date).

Does anyone have experiences with running ocr shop on linux? Are there
any open source ocr attempts? rj

--

Technical Writer
Austin, TX 78758

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Graphic RZ with Linux. Help needed.

3. Scanner driver for Epson scanner

4. Windows Manager problems

5. Add Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to scanner.c

6. HTML (hit counters)

7. System Security Scanner & Internet Security Scanner

8. Question on Sharp LH7A404 Static Memory Controller

9. Scanner Driver for EPSON Scanners

10. Scanner software for a AGFA DuoScan scanner

11. CFD: LINUX SCANNER FAQ (Re: Linux and scanners)

12. trust scanner / debian / xsane : "scanner not found" parport0: FIFO is stuck

13. LPT Scanner Mustek ScanExpress 6000P