RH 7.1 setup problem

Post by Jimmy Won » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:55:15

I have a problem when install RedHat 7.1. When I configure X-server, an
error message prompted.
"GDK-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 104 (Connectiont reset by peer) on X server
:1"
Any idea? How can I overcome this and install KDE?

Jimmy

RH 7.1 setup problem

Post by Dave Robbin » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:26:56

is this on a fresh installation? give us your specs...i reccommend
searching google for this exact error message. you will no doubt find it.

--
          a8888b.
         d888888b.

         8`._,' Y8.
        d/      `8b.
       dP   .    Y8b.
      d8:'  "  `::88b
     d8"         'Y88b
    :8P    '      :888
     88888a:     _a88P
   ._/"Yaa_:   .| 88P|
   \    YP"    `| 8P  `.
   /     \.___.d|    .'
  `--..___)8888P`._.'

-------------

Tech Support Scenario:

Customer: Im running windows...
Tech: Yes...
Customer: My computer isnt working now...
Tech: Yes, you said that

-------------

Dave Robbins

RH 7.1 setup problem

Post by Naresh Redd » Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:26:02

If worse comes to worse, just do a console install.

> is this on a fresh installation? give us your specs...i reccommend
> searching google for this exact error message. you will no doubt find it.

> --
>           a8888b.
>          d888888b.
>          8P"YP"Y88
>          8|o||o|88      Dave Robbins

>          8`._,' Y8.
>         d/      `8b.
>        dP   .    Y8b.
>       d8:'  "  `::88b
>      d8"         'Y88b
>     :8P    '      :888
>      88888a:     _a88P
>    ._/"Yaa_:   .| 88P|
>    \    YP"    `| 8P  `.
>    /     \.___.d|    .'
>   `--..___)8888P`._.'

> -------------

> Tech Support Scenario:

> Customer: Im running windows...
> Tech: Yes...
> Customer: My computer isnt working now...
> Tech: Yes, you said that

> -------------

> Dave Robbins

1. RH 7.1 Own Setup (smaller Server Installation)

Hi,

does anybody know how i can change the predefined installation types ?

I need an automatic setup with some other packets that server
installation and don't wants to make every time manual user-defined
installation ?

How can i create my own unattended setup / installation via network ?

S.Marquardt
hagebau dd
germany

2. Newbie: XMMS blocks other processes

3. Need RH 7.1 Setup and Instructional Help

4. kde as default for all users ?

5. RH 7.1: Set-up experience from hell

6. How to dynamically make variables

7. iptables -> basic setup on RH 7.1

8. mod_rewrite and wildcards

9. Comcast cable modem setup with RH 7.1

10. RH 7.1 crashes under heavy disk load, RH 6.1 works fine

11. RH 7.1 over RH 7.0

12. Firewall in upgrade fro RH 7.0 to RH 7.1

13. Updating a RH 7.1 box with a RAID 1 to RH 9