HELP: need pppd server to auto reconnect after dies

HELP: need pppd server to auto reconnect after dies

Post by Tom Nguy » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello!  I have ppp server and dialup working however
having problem getting PPPD  to reconnect automatically.
I'm currently using a crontab entry and checking for
the ppp link via route command then if not exist
run reconnect script.  There  must be a better (reliable)
way of getting PPPd to reconnect...  HELP.

TNX in adv.
Tom

http://surf.tnn.net

Post by Bill Davids » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

| Hello!  I have ppp server and dialup working however
| having problem getting PPPD  to reconnect automatically.
| I'm currently using a crontab entry and checking for
| the ppp link via route command then if not exist
| run reconnect script.  There  must be a better (reliable)
| way of getting PPPd to reconnect...  HELP.

See diald.
--
Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.

TMR does UNIX and other systems stuff, some real time, network and
system admin, security, C and other good stuff.