cpio and directory modification times

Post by David Ma » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am in the process of copying  several partitions
to another disk using cpio
        find . -mount | cpio -pavum /mnt/jaz2
I have tried several variations of the flags but
although all the regular files  end up with the real
modification date all the directories  have the time
cpio was run.  Is there a way to preserve the directory
creation times as well?
I am running redhat linux 2.0.18
and GNU cpio version 2.4.2

thanks

1. cpio and directory modification times ?

I am in the process of copying  several partitions
to another disk using cpio
        find . -mount | cpio -pavum /mnt/jaz2
I have tried several variations of the flags but
although all the regular files  end up with the real
modification date all the directories  have the time
cpio was run.  Is there a way to preserve the directory
creation times as well?
I am running redhat linux 2.0.18
and GNU cpio version 2.4.2

thanks

2. What does this message mean?

3. tar and modification times of directories

4. mkdev .scsi problem, HELP Please

5. modification time of a directory accessed but not modified

6. proper use of dump w/ JAZ drive

7. Last modification time for a directory -- How?

8. glftpd with openbsd

9. Preserve modification time of directories and files

10. change of modification time on rename(2) of a directory

11. Access time, modification time etc

12. Event trigger on directory modification

13. Modification to UserDir for home directories